Signed in as:
Signed in as:
Life can be enjoyable. Many of us have forgotten how to be happy in the moment, how to access a sense of joy. But what else do we have but this moment now? Here are daily suggestions to unlock spontaneous joy, to help you remember to enjoy being alive in the moment.
Did you know? Play is one of our Evolved Nest's Nine Components! We need play to thrive as individuals and communities.
This holiday season may have our nervous systems hijacked with all sorts of cares and worries, but the Evolved Nest is here to help!
1. Follow the Evolved Nest on Instagram, Facebook, or Twitter to discover prompts for 13 Days of Solstice Anticipation from December 9 - December 21, or...
2. Follow us again for 13 Days of Christmas from December 25 to January 6!
3. Do the activity spontaneously throughout the day! The play prompts are grouped into three types of play. Mix and match these prompts to your heart's delight! See them at the end below.
4. Discover the Evolved Nest's collection of resources on play in our Self-Directed Learning Center.
5. You can find all of the campaign's prompts to share below.
6. You can also find more information on the importance of play (it's what we're here for) in these posts:
How To Play As An Adult. Sociodramatic play is healing for every age
Why Is Play Good For Young Children? A new study shows plays effect on vagal tone.
Attachment Social Play For Self-Transformation. What everyone needs to thrive and reach their potential
Social Play: A Longstanding Way To Cope. Why do so many adults resist social play?
How To Play With Your Baby. Children grow through play at every age.
Parent Touch, Play And Support In Childhood Vital To Well-Being As An Adult. An Evolved Nest Study. “Our research shows that when we don’t provide children with what they evolved to need, they turn into adults with decreased social and moral capacities,” Narvaez said. “With toxic stress in childhood, the good stuff doesn’t get a chance to grow and you become stress reactive. It’s hard to be compassionate when you are focused on yourself. We can see adults all around us who were traumatized or undercared for at critical times.”
13 Days of Spontaneous Joy!
1. Use color a lot—in coloring/painting, dress, food prep, decorating your home.
2. Dance from one room to another.
3. Imitate an animal each time you are alone.
4. Make a musical instrument out of something you encounter
1. Hum throughout the day today (self-calming tool)
2. Whenever you have a moment today, say “I am filled with love.”
3. Go outside as much as you can today and look up.
4. Keep a stone or other object in your pocket today to remind you to breathe deeply.
1. Sing to someone you meet.
2. Write a friendly message to someone and put it in an unexpected place.
3. Act out a character when you interact with people.
4. Look at things from different positions--on your head, sideways, etc.
Say something kind to everyone you meet (even yourself in the mirror).